Two weeks ago, I asked for your help to tell a six-word story about why you joined the Easton Lions or something memorable about a Lions’ event or service you’ve done or received. I’ve received some great stories from many of you, and there is definitely room for more. So keep them coming! If you have a story you’d like to share, send in to email@example.com and I’ll be sure to send them along to Nancy Sullivan for our next newsletter.
Below is a sampling of what I have:
- We serve, We work, We enjoy.
- Lions, “Let the good times Roll”.
- Good food, Good friends. Good times.
- Work hard, accomplish much, Play hard.
- Holiday Feasible, Auction, Golf Tournament, Meetings.
- Learn, Grow, Show, Provide, Care, Enjoy!
- Cornea transplants, prosthetics. Lions fight blindness!
- Motto says it all: We Serve.
- Liberty, Intelligence, Our Nation’s Safety… Always!
- We are Lions, “see” us roar!
- Accomplishments, seen in others assisted success!
- Successful Results= Team Efforts, Common Purpose.
- Lions build community, and dine together.
- Thrift Store, three floors, great bargains.
- Go to Chicago, celebrate 100 years.
- Making a difference, being a LION.
- Junk day, John Mallers, truck overloaded.
- I’m so glad that Lions roar!
- Lions work to make hearts smile.
- Easton Lions are a special Pride.
- Excellence: a natural habitat of Lions.
- Lions’ Pride: Humble Acts of Kindness.
- Friendship: natural in a Lions Pride.
- Lee has my number! Lion Maybe?
- Challenge: Friends find solutions, doing good.
- Hey Matt, How can I help?
Avery Lee Williams
- Charles Johnson had lost his sight.
- I joined Lions because of Johnson.
Avery’s story is the one he brings on the road as a guest speaker at Lions Club meetings. It is a form of testimony about an old friend whom Avery brought to a cornea transplant that finally induced him to ask the Easton Lions if he could join. (He had been asked many times previously, but was not quite ready at those askings.)