- This event has passed.
Lions No Saying No Committee
December 18, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This is a new impromptu Lions Planning Committee to bat around ideas for new exciting fun events. Let’s seek out the future together!
No Saying No Committee
Everyone invited to attend except people who say no.
Below are some ideas that came out of our meeting on Dec 18 with Gary Fradin, Jim Howath, & Jennie Ebert
Issue: what new activities?
- Fun (Jeannie)
- No soliciting local businesses (Jim)
- No lifting heavy stuff (Gary)
- Style Show
- Feature local models – teens, women, men etc – and local boutiques
- Venue – OA Auditorium or similar
- Trivia contest
- Split pot 50/50, winner and Lions
- Apparently moderate attendance when last tried
- Oaks Ames Hall?
- Costs – publicity – good comic?
- Tour de Easton Bicycle Ride – 2.6, 5 or 10 miles
- Was successful years ago
- Kids & adults, opportunity for food sales too
- Needs planning, safety / police, publicity
- 10K Road Race
- Organization & publicity
- Solstice Dance
- Themed like Jimmy Buffet but 6 months later
- Jimmy Buffet dance is successful so try another
- Publicize our 501( c )( 3) status
- ‘Include us in your annual giving’
- ‘Would you consider a tax deductible contribution of $100 to the Easton Lions?’
- Hand out stamped, addressed envelops at a couple of meetings – get contributions for stamps and envelops
- Contribution incentives (like public radio)
- ‘Friend of the Easton Lions’ T-shirt for $5/month, automatic checking account debit
- ‘Easton Lions Supporter’ sweat shirt for $10/month