Lions Club of Easton Foundation
Grant Application and
The Lions Club of Easton Foundation supports the Massachusetts Lions Eye Research Fund and accepts grant applications from local community groups that align with our giving causes. The Lions are known for being the “Knights of the Blind” and raise money to support eye research and other vision and hearing related causes. We support local causes that protect our environment, engage our youth, veterans and seniors, fund scholarships and toolships, relieve hunger and homelessness in our community. The goal of this committee is to do the most good for the most people.
- Grants approved generally range from $50 to a $1,000.
- Organizations must submit an application form (download below) to be considered for funding and provide supplemental information about the organizations mission and goals. including how the organization supports or provides benefits to the Easton community.
- Grant requests are reviewed from September through May. All applications must be received no later than April 30th to be considered during our last Board meeting in June.
- Applications are reviewed monthly from September through May by the Foundation Fund Screening Committee which makes recommendations to the Foundation Board of Directors which meets once a month from September through June.
- Organizations and community projects are limited to one approved grant request each Lion Year, September – August).
The grant must benefit the local Easton community or provide services to Easton residents not available within Easton that align with the Easton Lions’ core charitable causes or provide a publicity benefit promoting the Easton Lions Club. The potential grantees should be nonprofit organizations with programs that benefit Easton. The applicant must justify how the grant fits within the Foundation core charitable causes or benefits the Easton community and residents.
Core Charitable Causes
- Sharing the vision (health) – Primarily eye research but also includes diabetes, hearing, organ donation and other health issues.
- Relieving hunger and homelessness,
- Engaging the youth, seniors and veterans and
- Protecting the environment.
The Foundation grant program supports these causes and other events in the Easton community. Programs not aligning with the core charitable causes may also be given consideration if sufficient evidence is provided showing how it benefits residents of Easton or strengthens the Easton community. Some examples include local scout troop projects happening in Easton, local running race to raise funds for services residents must get outside of Easton, in-kind local publicity for the Easton Lions Club, Easton recreation youth sport campaigns, and Easton school-based groups (e.g., after school clubs, sports teams, music and drama clubs).
Organizations applying should meet at least one of following criteria:
- An organization holding a current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), 501(c)(6) or 501(c)(19) of the Internal Revenue Code;
- A K-12 public or private school, charter school, community/junior college, state/private college or university or youth groups associated with them; or
- An Easton youth group or other community based organization with a proposed project or service that benefits the Easton community.
The Fund Screening Committee generally meets once a month from September through May one week before the Board of Director's (BOD) meeting.
- Download the application form (Click Here)
- Applications must be received two weeks before the next BOD meeting (see Club calendar for schedule). The application form is available at www.eastonlions.org/grant. The completed application and attach any additional information (e.g., beneficiaries of the grant and background that will help us understand the need) should be either viae-mail to: email@example.com ormail to:
Fund Screening Committee
Lions Club of Easton Foundation
P.O. Box 1032
Easton, MA 02334
- The 1st Vice President or a member of the Committee may contact you to get additional information;
- Fund screening committee recommendations are presented to the Foundation Board of Directors for approval before being presented to the general Club membership for final approval;
- Organizations will be notified of any decision via e-mail or regular mail;
- If an application is approved, grant checks will be mailed directly to the recipient organization’s address listed in the grant application. Please allow two weeks for delivery.
- Capital campaigns and endowments;
- Memberships, including association/chamber memberships;
- Organizations that deny service, membership or other involvement on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran, or disability status;
- Organizations or programs that do not benefit the Easton community;
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns;
- Registration fees.